84P/Giclas

  • francois kugel
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hello all,

      On an image taken this 1st September, the comet seems to show a short
      tail out of PA 265 from approximately 24"

      http://perso.orange.fr/fkometes/pages/84P_Giclas.html

      but it in limit of S/N, perhaps does it act is of a star, somebody can
      confirm?

      François Kugel
    • Luca Buzzi
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
        Hi Francois,
        the tail you imaged is real.
        In my images of 2006, Aug. 14, there is a faint extension of the coma about
        15" in PA 260°.
        You can see an image here:

        http://www.astrogeo.va.it/astronom/asteroidi/osservaz.comete.xml#0084P

        even if conditions were not optimal (Moon interference).

        Regards,
        Luca Buzzi
        Schiaparelli Obs. - Italy
        # 204

        On an image taken this 1st September, the comet seems to show a short
        tail out of PA 265 from approximately 24"

        http://perso.orange.fr/fkometes/pages/84P_Giclas.html

        but it in limit of S/N, perhaps does it act is of a star, somebody can
        confirm?

        François Kugel

        __________ Informazione NOD32 1.1734 (20060831) __________

        Questo messaggio è stato controllato dal Sistema Antivirus NOD32
        http://www.nod32.it

      • francois kugel
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
          Hello Luca,