102P/Shoemaker

  • filip fratev
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2006
      For those interesting, a brief report about 102P/Shoemaker. On 30.06.2006 (0h.30 UT) the comet was
      faint object (18.6N) with a short tail about 20 arc seconds.
      Best regards,
      Filip

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mike Holloway
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2006
        --- In comets-ml@yahoogroups.com, filip fratev <kometata088@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > For those interesting, a brief report about 102P/Shoemaker. On
        30.06.2006 (0h.30 UT) the comet was
        > faint object (18.6N) with a short tail about 20 arc seconds.
        > Best regards,
        > Filip

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        Hello. If you have image can you post to the comet images board?
        Thanks, Mike h.
      • Maciej Reszelski
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 4, 2006
          Hi Sebastian,

          Two days ago I catch Barnard at visual magnitude 12.8 and coma 1'.DC was
          about 1

          And coma looks as very gentle diffuse patch. I use my 0.41-m with small 72x
          power.

          Best regards,

          Maciej

        • Bob King
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 4, 2006
            Congratulations Maciej and thanks for sharing your observation. I was
            planning to look for the comet in another two weeks. Your sighting makes
            me very hopeful. If I can find the comet, it will be my 200th observed and I'm
            thrilled it was discovered by none other than Barnard.
            Best wishes,
            Bob