Output dimensions bigger than input

  • alp31415
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2008
      Great program (combineZ)!

      I have noticed that my output images (Do Stack, Pyramid etc) are
      larger than my input files in dimension.

      Input files are 3072x2304.
      Output (stacked) images are 3135x2556 (pixels).

      The extra area is a mirror of a part of the image it is next to, if
      you follow what I am trying to say. It is as if a mirror image was
      attached to the bottom of the image but the whole thing got cropped
      off at 2556 (y axis).

      It isn't critical, but how do I stop this from happening?

      Alp
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
        Alp, the answer is you can't. But let me qualify that statement, CZ needs
        pictures to have dimentions that are multiples of small intigers, plus to
        make processing near the edge of the frames more efficient it needs a border
        that it can 'spoil' without degrading the result too much. Another point
        you might not have realized is that often frames need resizing or shifting
        to make features line up properly, this often spoils the edges of the result
        which must then be cropped.

        You can remove the border from a picture when you save it. the onscreen
        picture still looks the same but the contents of the dotted rectangle is
        saved by 'Save Rectangle As'. Initially the rectangle encloses the whole
        picture. Press the letter 'A' once and the rectangle jumps in to the size
        of your original frames. Press 'A' a second time and the program tries to
        place the rectangle so that all unsightly borders will not be saved by Save
        Rectangle As. You can also drag out a box using the mouse, the contents of
        your custom rectangle are then saved by this function.

        So the short answer to your question is that you cannot shrink the onscreen
        image but you can save a cropped version of it.

        Alan