Re: [CombineZ] CombineZM Update 10th of March 2007

  • M POLLINGER
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2007
      Alan:  Here they are.

      Mel
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [CombineZ] CombineZM Update 10th of March 2007

      Hello Mel, CZBatch is a Batch processor for CombineZ, it will process several individual stacks provided the source files are arranged in a special way, and output all of the results. see this page:

      I do not understand the problem picture yet, could you send the unstacked images for me to test for myself, and hopefully find a cure?

      Alan

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
        Hello Mel, Thank's for the samples, now some more questions.

        1. Have you tried downloading the .exe again it may have got corrupted on its way to you?

        2. When you load the frames into CZ are they OK, use the Up and Down Arrow keys to inspect them? I am trying to work out at what stage the corruption occurs, if they are corrupt before stacking that might indicate GDI plus.

        3. Are the frames still OK after stacking? If not the problem is in resizing or balance colour, or some sort of memory problem.

        4. If I send some test macros could you try them on your system so we can try to focus in on the problem area?

        Alan
      • M POLLINGER
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
          Alan:

          I will try to first answer 1-3 and then get back to you regarding 4.

          Mel

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
            Alan:

            I am answering 2 first; I loaded the first frame into CZ and this is what it looks like.  The original is a photo of the moon without the extra arcs on each edge.

            Mel

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
              That looks OK Mel so loading files functions properly.

              Alan
            • M POLLINGER
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                Alan:

                It does not load as the original image, how can it be ok?  Look at the NSEW edges.

                Mel

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Mel all files loaded into CZ have an additional border added which is a reflection of what is just over the edge.   This border must be cropped when saving, or post processing the image.   There are various technical reasons for this border but basically upsizing the image makes processing faster and edge artifacts less, because they are on the border.

                  You can crop this border by pressing 'A' twice (or by dragging a box around the area to save) then using 'Save Rectangle As', or you can do it after in your favourite art/photo program after saving the whole Picture or Frame.

                  Alan
                • M POLLINGER
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                    Alan:

                    Thanks for that info. What about the image with the stack of image slices; what causes that?

                    Mel
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 3, 2007
                      >Alan: ... What about the image with the stack of image slices; what causes that?

                      Mel, that I do not know, the sample stack you sent to me stacked OK.

                      BTW for Lunar stacks you would be better using a simple Average not a weighted one which might sum any noise present rather than averageing it out. try the following:

                      1. Stack->Size and Alignment->Automatic (Single Pass)
                      2. Stack->Enhanced Average - and accept the defaults

                      You could put these two steps into a simple macro if you would like a single click operation.

                      If the result is not sharp enough, try the following

                      1. Stack->Size and Alignment->Automatic (Single Pass)
                      2. Filter->Input->Sum of Stack
                      3. Filter->Create/Edit Filter->Highpass
                      4. Press 'Return' once to filter the average
                      5. Repeatedly press 'V' for value and enter different numbers, smaller numbers give a sharper result, larger ones softer.
                      6. When you are satisfied with the result press 'Return' again and save the result.

                      One of the above methods may sometimes be useful with other types of stack.

                      Again this could be made into a simple macro, if you would like a macro set including these averaging methods let me know.

                      Alan