paul hildreth - introduction

  • pmhildreth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2001
      Hi,

      I hadn't come across this discussion list before. I was guided to it
      by a friend.

      It was suggested to me that newbies should post a message introducing
      themselves, so here goes.

      I'm a research student nearing the end of my PhD study (hopefully) at
      the University of york. Chris Kimble is my supervisor.

      The theme of the research was Knowledge Management in the global
      arena but it rapidly came to focus on Communities of Practice, and in
      particular how they can function in a distributed international
      environment. The study was undertaken with the UK core of a CoP in a
      multinational, and this was followed up with a visit to the US core.

      Thesis written up and handed in. viva coming soon!

      Some papers came out of the studies and are listed (some for
      download) on www.cs.york.ac/~pmh/publics.html
      They'll be there for a while but I'll have to move them when I leave
      the uni.