Seeking participants who design online learning for dissertation research

  • eastharp
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2014

      I am seeking participants for my dissertation study, Learning Together, Community and Network from the Perspective of Designers of Online Learning. Participation involves  a 10 minute survey and, if selected, an interview of 60-90 minutes.

      Participants will be educators who:

      ·         Have designed or been involved in the design of a graduate level online learning course or program  in the social sciences, education, or business in the past three years

      ·         Included activities in which learners interact with other learners as a key part of the design (e.g. small group activities, discussion forums, making connections with other learners to build a personal network, commenting on blogs, collaborating on projects, working in pairs)

      Brief  Description:

      Learners engaging with other learners is at the heart of participative, student-centered, online learning, but how is that best done? Learning collectively in online communities has been a staple of what many educational designers believe is necessary for effective online learning. Social networking in which learners build their own personal learning networks has offered another way for learners to interact. What strategies are educators using to design learner- learner interaction into their courses? How is social networking changing patterns of learner interaction? What can we learn from these disruptions in the field? What can we learn from current practices that might help designers create more successful online learning? These are some of the questions that are addressed by this research.

      The study has been reviewed and approved by the Fielding Graduate University Institutional Review Board.

      To participate and to read an overview of this study, please go to my research website (http://brendakaulback.wix.com/research-oll- )

      Thanks!

      Brenda Kaulback, Fielding Graduate University, Doctoral Candidate