I'd love to hear your thoughts: Focus, Content, Dynamics of a UNICEF Community

  • a.gaspersz
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2012
      How should a community of a charitable organization (e.g. UNICEF) look like (the general focus, the content, dynamics etc.) that focuses on active, sustainable engagement of the younger generation (age 18-30)?

      About me: I am a researcher/student advising UNICEF Netherlands on the possible value of an online community aimed at creating sustainable relationships with the young generation.

      Very excited to hear your thoughts!

      Anne-Sophie Gaspersz
    • Monika Roozen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2012

        A good example to me is how Save the Children & World Vision are creating online communities via social media- Twitter, Facebook & bloggers. Engaging ppl via these mediums & providing them with value too. (e.g. STC does 1-2 blogger events annually) Maybe UNICEF can emulate something like that. For an audience of 18-30 I would be looking at vlogs & YouTube more.

        Good luck with your project!

        Monika

        On 19 May 2012 22:14, "a.gaspersz" <a.gaspersz@...> wrote:

        How should a community of a charitable organization (e.g. UNICEF) look like (the general focus, the content, dynamics etc.) that focuses on active, sustainable engagement of the younger generation (age 18-30)?

        About me: I am a researcher/student advising UNICEF Netherlands on the possible value of an online community aimed at creating sustainable relationships with the young generation.

        Very excited to hear your thoughts!

        Anne-Sophie Gaspersz

      • Anne Sophie Gaspersz
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2012
          Dear Monika,

          Thanks for your feedback.
          Great that you have given me the example of how Save the Children & World vision are creating online communities using existing social media platforms. These best practices are always very interesting to look at. Thank you!
          Vlogs& Youtube are indeed maybe better options for the generation I am targeting.

          Thanks a lot,

          Anne-Sophie