Re: Frequency of traction to Community of Practice/Virtual Online Commuity website

  • SGarfield
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12 10:59 AM
      For communities using threaded discussion boards which can be subscribed to using email, RSS feeds, or other mechanisms, site visits miss some of the ways in which community members can consume content and participate in conversations.  For example, as an email subscriber to this community's Yahoo! Group, I can follow the discussions without visiting the site.

      Some metrics to consider: how many new members are joining, what percentage of members are paying attention to community content and activity, and how frequently do members read, reply to, attend, post, contribute, and reuse community content and events?

    • kimahmer
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12 12:11 PM
        Hi Lea - I am also in the membership association space. On a monthly basis, we track number of members, number of discussions/replies, community member demographics such as country and lanugage, number of links, documents and wiki contributions. We do not track by visit. If you want to discuss in more detail, send me a message at kahmer@... and we can set up a time to chat.

        Kim