Join the discussion "If I Build It, Will They Come? Sustaining Active Communities of Practice for Global Health", January 24-February 4, 2011

  • John David Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011

    Forwarded on behalf of Libby Skolnik.  If the enclosed PDF does not show, see it here: http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kDc2Ta5VmGmrbjGU_uoU8inc5g9D1eKGcBIdxR1FGGTB10eGcJG7PD3r_EsEBYJ0UAZYUv70-XYbq_y4yLou/CoP%20online%20discussion%20flyer_final.pdf

    Subject: Join the discussion "If I Build It, Will They Come? Sustaining Active Communities of Practice for Global Health", January 24-February 4, 2011

    Dear Colleagues,

    On January 24, 2011, the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs/K4Health Project in collaboration with WHO, USAID and the Knowledge Management Working Group will host a two-week virtual discussion on communities of practice entitled “If I Build It, Will They Come? Sustaining Active Communities of Practice for Global Health”.

    The purpose of this two-week discussion is to share experiences in using virtual communities of practice (CoPs) for global health and learn about innovative approaches to engagement, participation, and measurement of CoP success. CoP leaders from K4Health, WHO, Health Information for All by 2015 (HIFA2015) and the Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery(GANM) will steer the discussion, but we encourage you to ask questions, share your experiences, tips and lessons learned.

    To join “If I Build It, Will They Come? Sustaining Active Communities of Practice for Global Health” virtual discussion, January 24-February 4, 2011, please visit

    www.knowledge-gateway.org/KMWG/communitiesofpractice

    Also of note, the K4Health project recently published a Communities of Practice eLearning course (http://www.k4health.org/elearning/communities-of-practice ) which aims to give the learner an overview of online CoPs, including the uses, benefits, and challenges of creating and maintaining CoPs.

    Feel free to distribute the flyer attached.

    Best,

    Ashley

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Ashley Isabelle Spence

    Knowledge for Health Project (K4Health)

    The Center for Communication Programs

    Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

    111 Market Place - Suite 310

    Baltimore MD 21202

    Aisabell@...

    410.659.2655 (direct) / 410.659.6266 (fax)

    http://www.k4health.org

    Stay connected with JHU-CCPfacebookicon_small

  • Steinvorth, Christel B.
    Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2011

      Hi, very interested in this discussion.  Was not able, however to access the pdf through the link provided.  Could someone be so kind to forward it as a pdf?

      Thanks!

      Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2011

        Hi, Christel!

        If that doesn’t work, drop me a line directly and I will send it to you.

        John

        * John David Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd

        * “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.” Viktor Frankl

        Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2011

          Hi John!  Thank you so very much, I think some colleagues of mine will be participating!  Best, CS

          Message 5 of 5 , Apr 11, 2011
            Dear Ashley,

            I am very interested in taking the Communities of Practice e-Learning course. When I clicked on the link, I received the following error message:

            The page you've requested has been moved or taken off the site, or the link is not working at this time.

            We apologize for the inconvenience.

            Can you redirect me to the URL where I may access this eLearning course?

            Thank you so much for your assistance.

            Lea