Re: [cp] Curious...

  • Christina Merl
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2010
      a beautiful video, thanks for sharing. I guess we can start small... each teacher in their classroom

      Am 26.10.2010 17:32, schrieb John Parboosingh:

      Thanks for sharing this video from Sir Eric.
      He says it so eloquently, but putting public education right? where do we start.

      John Parboosingh

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2010
        Hi

        Thanks for this. A wonderful audio-visual (and I rarely
        consider most mixes of these two media as anything approaching
        wonderful these days).

        I've just sent it to my group of PhD students at Southampton
        University in the UK - many of whom teach undergrads, and to
        my supervisors. Initially it's the sort of thing teachers
        need to ponder over, and secondly, is the approach to
        supervision of post grad students still rooted in the Age of
        Enlightenment?

        Regards

        Roy Greenhalgh
        3rd year PhD student

        On 24/10/2010 22:13, brehlerr wrote:
        > ...what folks might think of this.
        >
        > I mostly lurk these days, but still think a lot about the centrality of learning as a function and artifact of CoPs.
        >
        > It seems to me that the functional limitations imposed by economic constraints, standardization pressures, and the myth of the individual contributor within organizations drive many com-prac conversations, and run parallel to much of this discussion:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

      • Rogelio F. Galliano
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2010

          Watching this video I recalled McLuhan’s “Classroom Without Walls” written 50 years ago.

          Thanks for having sent the link.

          Greetings,

          Rogelio