CPsquare's PhD students group

  • John David Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2010

      Barb McDonald posted this to the CPsquare blog a few days ago and I thought it should be forwarded to com-prac as well:

      Are you a doctoral student doing research related to Communities of Practice?

      We are a group of doctoral students and about-to-be doctoral students attending various universities around the globe. We are members of a virtual CoP who share resources via Diigo, discuss our own research on CoPs and strategize about the challenges of doctoral students in several forums such as:

      • What’s Under the Bell Jar?,
      • Issues of Doctoral Student Life,
      • Proposals, and
      • PhD Musings.

      We also have a PhD support group that meets via phone conference once a month. We are also planning some special events for the fall semester. If you are a potential doctoral student, you are welcome also. We are developing a wiki with information about universities you might want to consider if you are interested in doing research related to Communities of Practice.

      If you would like to join our Community of Practice, we are just organizing and would love to have your participation. Membership is open to all members of CPSquare. If you are already a member, you will find our forums under “Projects” on the CPSquare website. If you are not a member, we invite you to join CPSquare, which has many other activities and benefits as well. Click here: CPSquare Membership.

      If you have questions, please email us at cp2phd (at) cpsquare (dot) org.

      NOTE: We also don’t mind hearing from those of you who have jumped this hurdle  — experience is a great teacher and we value the knowledge of those who have obtained their PhDs already.

      John

      * John David Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd

      * Foundations of CoPs Workshop starts 13 Sept http://cpsquare.org/edu/foundations !!

      * “The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” GB Shaw