Nonprofits, Gaming & Virtual Worlds Brainstorm Bash May 23

  • Megan Keane
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2010

      Hi online community folks, thought you may be interested in this upcoming brainstorming session bringing together nonprofits, virtual worlds, and social gaming together for a collaborative working group: http://bit.ly/npcbrain

      Hope you can join in person or via Second Life! Please spread the word to any interested colleagues.

      Best,

      Megan

      ***************************

      Nonprofits, Gaming & Virtual Worlds Brainstorm Bash

      A brainstorm session for nonprofits, gamers and virtual world enthusiasts

      A project of TechSoup's Nonprofit Commons in Second Life

      Ever combined the Web, World of Warcraft, Real Life, Second Life, Google Earth, Nintendo, Facebook, Moore 's Law and the unfolding human experience into a single thought (which, perhaps, you then Twittered over your iPhone)? Do you dream of saving the world in 8-bit superhero style?

      Our goal is to bridge the divide between nonprofit organizations, virtual worlds and game developers and enthusiasts. There are superheroes in each realm, and we plan on bringing them together for a world-class brainstorm bash. Building on the awesome community that Games for Change has created, we'll be kicking off a long-term community and development project, shaped by the participants of this meetup. We hope to organize a collaborative working group that mashes up serious and social gaming with nonprofits and virtual world producers, and we're exploring a collaborative game design challenge that would be great to have your input on before the Games for Change Festival in NYC.

      Topics we intend to cover:

      • Creating frameworks for collaborative game design
      • Leveraging the platforms of nonprofits, gaming and virtual worlds to create collaborative community development projects
      • Identifying resources, collaboration methods and tools
      • Creating content across platforms
      • Nonprofit applications of games and integration with virtual worlds

      When: Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 from 3-6pm EST

      Where: Green Spaces, 394 Broadway 5th Floor (between Walker & White), NYC

      This event is free but tickets are limited so please RSVP soon.
      This event will also be available in Second Life at http://bit.ly/ NPCBrainstormBash for those who cannot join in person.

      Come with your game-changing thoughts and ideas!

      RSVP and share the Facebook page with your colleagues!

      Join the NPCGames Google group and post your introductions - we want to know who you are!

      Tweet "I'm attending Nonprofit Games Brainstorm on nonprofits, gaming & v-worlds 5/23 http://bit.ly/npcbrain #npsl #g4c"

      See you there, superheroes :)

      Megan Keane

      Online Community Manager, TechSoup Global

      435 Brannan Street, Suite 300

      San Francisco, CA 94107

      Work: 415-633-9474

      Mobile: (415) 508-8560