- If you ve never participated in one of Jerry Michalski s Yi-Tan calls, you are in for a real treat. They are a lot of fun. John * John David Smith ~ Voice:Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010View Source
If you’ve never participated in one of Jerry Michalski’s Yi-Tan calls, you are in for a real treat. They are a lot of fun.
* John David Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd
* Portland, Oregon, USA http://www.learningAlliances.net
* “Mental health is dedication to reality at all costs.” - M Scott Peck
Do you need a technology steward? Are you one already?
Etienne Wenger, Nancy White and John D Smith are black belts in social learning and online community formation (as well as longtime friends of ours). Their new book, Digital Habitats: Stewarding Technology for Communities, focuses on how communities and technology intersect, with practical advice for the stewards -- the people with enough experience in the workings of a community to understand its technology needs, and enough experience with technology to take leadership in addressing those needs.
If you are a member of a community (who isn't?) and you've made use of a mailing list, wiki, web conferencing system, Skype call or other collaboration tool, you're probably curious already.
With Etienne, Nancy and John, let's discuss:
- How has technology changed what it means for communities to "be together"?
- What is the role of a technology steward? the key skills? the new terms of art?
- Where can we see these stewards in action? How can we learn these skills?
There's also a site for their new book, here.
Date: Monday, April 5, 2010
Time: 10:30 PDT, 1:30 EDT
Dial-in Number: 1-270-400-1500
Participant Access Code: 778778
Please feel free to forward this note to people you think would be interested in these calls. (To unsubscribe, please just reply to me and I'll be happy to do so.)
Talk to you on the call!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Yi Tan List" group.
To post to this group, send email to yi-tan@....
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to yi-tan+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/yi-tan?hl=en.