Field Trip, Tweet@30K', workshop redesign, Aaalborg, books, etc.

  • John David Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2010

      Apologies for cross-posting…

      CPsquare quarterly Field Trip

      A CPsquare Field trip to Wikisourcing Sustainable Enterprises on Monday, February 22, 2010 12:00 PST 20:00 GMT. Free. No RSVP. Just show up.

      EW Tweets at 30K'!

      Etienne Tweets at 30,000 feet. Nuff said.

      The CPsquare Foundations Workshop redesign

      The Foundations workshop has been running regularly since 1998. (We're getting close to the 30th time!) Now Etienne, Bronwyn and I are giving it another facelift. It will only be 6 weeks long. It's more concentrated. It's scheduled to start March 22. Register now.

      CPsquare gathering in Aalborg, Denmark on May 2nd 2010

      Immediately before the 7th International Conference on Networked Learning (Aalborg, Denmark) 3rd & 4th May 2010, some of us will be gathering for a day of conversation. Want to join us?

      "My practice" series at CPsquare

      In a way, CPsquare has been a very outward-looking community, focused on the communities that members lead or support. We haven't paid as much attention to the work that members themselves do. During the last several months we've had sessons with Sue Wolff, Jack Merklein, and Joitske Hulsebosch talking about their work in their settings. Quite fascinating stuff. (There is a kind of avalanche of announcements that "a community of practice has formed" out there on the Interent. I've captured a few of them in this mind-boggling list with the "copexample" tag.)

      Current books

      • Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out: Kids Living and Learning With New Media, by: Mizuko Ito, et al. (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2009) 419. pp Http://ISBN.nu/9780262013369. You can download the whole book in a PDF. An in-depth look at genres of participation - reporting on a huge ethnographic project.
      • Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur, Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers http://businessmodelgeneration.com/ http://isbn.nu/9782839905800 The business models for independent communities of practice has been a theme in CPsquare's Shadow the Leader series this year.
      • Etienne Wenger, Nancy White, and John D. Smith, Digital Habitats: stewarding technology for communities (Portland, OR: CPsquare, 2009). It was published on August 15, 2009 but our first group "plug" was last week, in a session with the SIKM Community. A really enjoyable experience. Maybe we should do more such.

      Cheers!

      John Smith for CPsquare