Any CoP book in Italian?

  • gionnetto
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hello everybody,

      long time no hear :)

      Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English well enough to read the Cultivating book in English.

      Thanks
      Rosanna Tarsiero
    • Beverly Trayner
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hi Rosanna!

        There is the Italian translation of Etienne's '98 book:
        http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/comunita-pratica-apprendimento-significato-identita/libro/9788860300652

        And the Cultivating book:
        http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/coltivare-comunita-pratica-prospettive-esperienze/libro/9788883358418

        Cheers
        Bev

        Bev Trayner: Social Learning Systems at bevtrayner.com
        contact | bev@... | Skype Me | Telephone: +1 (530) 205-3231

        On 2 Jan 2010, at 14:17, gionnetto wrote:

        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > long time no hear :)
        >
        > Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian
        > client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English
        > well enough to read the Cultivating book in English.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rosanna Tarsiero

      • Marcello Testi
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
          Il giorno 02/gen/2010, alle ore 23.17, gionnetto ha scritto:

          > Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English well enough to read the Cultivating book in English.

          Hi Rosanna, in 2005 I wrote a short study about CoPs for a "Master". Here are several italian entries (or available translations) from my bibliography. Not everything is completely focused on CoPs, but they should all be relevant.

          [Grasseni - Ronzon, 2004] Grasseni, Cristina - Ronzon, Francesco, Pratiche e cognizione. Note di ecologia della cultura, Meltemi, Roma, 2004
          [Miani, 2005] Miani, Mattia, Comunicazione pubblica e nuove tecnologie, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2005
          [Micelli, 2000] Micelli, Stefano, Imprese, reti, comunità virtuali, Etas Libri, Milano, 2000
          [Polanyi, 1966] Polanyi, Michael, The tacit dimension, Anchor Doubleday, New York, 1966 (tr. it. La conoscenza inespressa, A. Armando, Roma, 1979)
          [Rheingold, 1993] Rheingold, Howard, The virtual community. Homesteading on the electronic frontier, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., Reading, 1993 (tr. it. Comunità virtuali, Sperling e Kupfer, Milano, 1994)
          [Salis, 2002] Salis, Salima (a cura di), Comunità di pratiche, di apprendimento e professionali. Una metodologia..., Formez - Area editoria e documentazione, Roma, 2002
          [Weick, 1995] Weick, Karl E., Sensemaking in organizations, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, 1995 (tr. it. Senso e significato nell'organizzazione, Raffaello Cortina Editore, Milano, 1997)

          If you want, I can send you privately also articles, slides and other stuff I have collected in PDF, PPT, etc. formats during my research (and my study, too).

          Ciao.
          Marcello.
        • John David Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2010
            Marcello and Rosanna,

            May I urge you to write down the appropriate resources you find on this wiki
            page?

            http://cpsquare.org/wiki/Resources_in_Italian

            (Everyone: There are other pages on resources in other languages as well...
            Please contribute what you've got stowed away!)

            John
            * John David Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd
            * The book: http://bit.ly/DigitalHabitats by Wenger, White, & Smith
            * “One law for the lion and ox is oppression.” - William Blake

            Il giorno 02/gen/2010, alle ore 23.17, gionnetto ha scritto:

            > Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian
            client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English well
            enough to read the Cultivating book in English.

            Hi Rosanna, in 2005 I wrote a short study about CoPs for a "Master". Here
            are several italian entries (or available translations) from my
            bibliography. Not everything is completely focused on CoPs, but they should
            all be relevant.

            [Grasseni - Ronzon, 2004] Grasseni, Cristina - Ronzon, Francesco, Pratiche e
            cognizione. Note di ecologia della cultura, Meltemi, Roma, 2004
            [Miani, 2005] Miani, Mattia, Comunicazione pubblica e nuove tecnologie, Il
            Mulino, Bologna, 2005
            [Micelli, 2000] Micelli, Stefano, Imprese, reti, comunità virtuali, Etas
            Libri, Milano, 2000
            [Polanyi, 1966] Polanyi, Michael, The tacit dimension, Anchor Doubleday, New
            York, 1966 (tr. it. La conoscenza inespressa, A. Armando, Roma, 1979)
            [Rheingold, 1993] Rheingold, Howard, The virtual community. Homesteading on
            the electronic frontier, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., Reading, 1993 (tr. it.
            Comunità virtuali, Sperling e Kupfer, Milano, 1994)
            [Salis, 2002] Salis, Salima (a cura di), Comunità di pratiche, di
            apprendimento e professionali. Una metodologia..., Formez - Area editoria e
            documentazione, Roma, 2002
            [Weick, 1995] Weick, Karl E., Sensemaking in organizations, Sage
            Publications, Thousand Oaks, 1995 (tr. it. Senso e significato
            nell'organizzazione, Raffaello Cortina Editore, Milano, 1997)

            If you want, I can send you privately also articles, slides and other stuff
            I have collected in PDF, PPT, etc. formats during my research (and my study,
            too).

            Ciao.
            Marcello.

          • Etienne Wenger
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2010
              Rosanna,

              There is also a book by Giuditta Alessandrini called "COMUNITA� DI
              PRATICA E SOCIETA� DELLA CONOSCENZA."
              I also know that Patrizia Schifano of Formez produced a report on
              their community "Sportelli Impresa" but I can't find the reference
              right now.

              All the best,

              Etienne

              ------------------------------
              Etienne Wenger
              etienne@...
              www.ewenger.com
              +1 530 205 3534

              Bev Trayner: Social Learning Systems at bevtrayner.com
              contact | bev@... | Skype Me | Telephone: +1 (530) 205-3231

              On 2 Jan 2010, at 14:17, gionnetto wrote:

              > Hello everybody,
              >
              > long time no hear :)
              >
              > Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian
              > client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English
              > well enough to read the Cultivating book in English.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Rosanna Tarsiero

            • John David Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
                Thanks Etienne and all who contributed...

                I got a few more citations from Marco Bettoni and put them on the CPsquare
                bibliography page which now contains everything that has been posted on
                com-prac so far:

                http://cpsquare.org/wiki/Resources_in_Italian

                The page is looking kind of ragged, so if anybody who reads Italian could
                organize it a bit, it would be great.

                Bev Trayner: Social Learning Systems at bevtrayner.com
                contact | bev@... | Skype Me | Telephone: +1 (530) 205-3231

                On 2 Jan 2010, at 14:17, gionnetto wrote:

                > Hello everybody,
                >
                > long time no hear :)
                >
                > Do any of you know of books about CoPs in Italian? I have an Italian
                > client who would like to read more about it but doesn't know English
                > well enough to read the Cultivating book in English.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Rosanna Tarsiero

              • Marcello Testi
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
                  Il giorno 08/gen/2010, alle ore 03.05, Etienne Wenger ha scritto:

                  > There is also a book by Giuditta Alessandrini called "COMUNITA‚ DI
                  > PRATICA E SOCIETA‚ DELLA CONOSCENZA."

                  By the way, prof. Giuditta Alessandrini was a teacher at the course I mentioned, and I can say she was very passionate about CoPs. She actually was the main inspiration when choosing the subject for my final study at the course.

                  > I also know that Patrizia Schifano of Formez produced a report on
                  > their community "Sportelli Impresa" but I can't find the reference

                  I can't say if the report is publicly available, but a lot of data can be found at the project main site:
                  http://si.formez.it/
                  Also, this page lists activities carried on during the project and sometimes linked pages have documents attached:
                  http://db.formez.it/progettiformez.nsf/a9ac5f61f13363e2c1256ce80040ed05/2bd44306c803ab8cc125714c003bb458?OpenDocument

                  Ciao.
                  Marcello.