Is anyone considering (or testing) Google Wave as a CoP platform?

  • enTarga
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2009
      For the last few years, I have been thinking about how networks of people might be structured to provide encouragement and just-in-time assistance when working on common initiatives. After much thought, I am now moving toward a proof-of-concept for designing a network of connectors, people who work to bring together others with a common mission of community and/or organizational change. The focus will be on building Communities of Practice around root-cause issues crossed with geographic location. A knowledgebase and educational component would be complementary activities. The structure is conceived as interconnected networks based on practices rooted in knowledge management, complexity science, organizational behavior, and social network analysis.

      Most online groups have a mission to grow membership whereas I am seeking multiple, smaller networks all interconnected with shifting membership as issues evolve. This will be a distributed effort employing a mix of Web 2.0 & 3.0 technology (using Google Wave as the foundation). While Wave is still bleeding edge technology, it offers a glimpse of what might be possible in a couple years, so I figured now is the time to test Wave as a CoP support technology.

      If you have an interest in knowing more, contact me or join the related discussion group established on Google http://groups.google.com/group/transformative-networking

      Your thoughts would be appreciated.

      Ross
      wirthr@...