Communities of Practice & Client Engagement

  • Seth Kahan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2009
      I will be delivering a free teleconference next Wed, Oct. 28 (noon
      est), for entrepreneurs, independent contractors, and all manner of
      free agents. The title of the conference is "Engaging Clients in a
      Tough Economy." In the teleseminar I will be sharing three techniques
      I used to successfully create client engagements over the last 10
      months. The third technique is called "Creating Face-to-face events:
      Assembling and Energizing Your Most Valuable Clients in a Community of
      Practice."

      I will describe in some detail how i have built a CoP of CEOs here in
      Washington DC over the last 10 months around the issue of surviving a
      difficult business environment, even as the economy tanked, My purpose
      was many, but included sustaining my own business as a consultant -
      hence, the free teleconference. Of course, there have been many
      additional benefits, not the least of which has been creating a
      knowledge pool for CEOs facing a complex set of challenges, surfacing
      and sharing solutions.

      You can read about my upcoming teleseminar here: http://bit.ly/Oct28CreatingEngagements
      . And, of course, you can join in to hear what I have to say about
      using a CoP for business development. Just send me an email and I'll
      send you the login information.

      all the best,
      Seth

      --

      Seth Kahan
      President

      Helping Leaders Get Change Right

      author, Fast Company blog, Leading Change.
      author, Building Beehives: Creating Communities that Generate Returns
      next book, Spring 2010: Getting Change Right: Creating Rapid,
      WideSpread Engagement

      designated:
      Visionary, Center for Association Leadership
      Thought-leader and Exemplar in Change Leadership, Society for
      Advancement of Consulting®
      Million Dollar Consultant® Hall of Fame
      Associate, Taos Institute
      Distinguished Fellow, Center for Narrative Studies