KM/IC Journal Ranking

  • Dr. Nick Bontis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Dear KM/IC Colleague:

      I hope all is well.

      I thought that you would be interested in this recent paper on journal rankings within the field of knowledge management and intellectual capital (KM/IC). This scientometric study consisted of: i) a bibliographic and citation analysis of the top 21 journals in the field using the Harzing PoP tool, and ii) a survey of 233 active researchers who were asked to rank each journal.

      The table of rankings below is an integration of both methodologies. You can also download a copy of the full study.

      Enjoy and have a great summer!

      Cheers, Nick

      Nick Bontis, Ph.D.
      McMaster University
      www.twitter.com/NickBontis

      Table III Final KM/IC academic journal ranking

      Rank Tier Journal title
      1 A+ J. of Knowledge Management
      2 A+ J. of Intellectual Capital
      3 A The Learning Organization
      4 A Knowledge and Process Management
      5 A Knowledge Management Research & Practice
      6 B Intl. J. of Knowledge Management
      7 B J. of Knowledge Management Practice
      8 B J. of Information and Knowledge Management
      9 B Electronic J. of Knowledge Management
      10 B Intl. J. of Learning and Intellectual Capital
      11 B Intl. J. of Knowledge and Learning
      12 B VINE: The J. of Information and KM Systems
      13 B Intl. J. of Knowledge Management Studies
      14 B Intl. J. of Knowledge, Culture and Change Mng
      15 C Knowledge and Innovation: J. of the KMCI
      16 C Interdisciplinary J. of Info. and Knowledge Mng
      17 C Intl. J. of Applied Knowledge Management
      18 C Knowledge Management for Development J.
      19 C J. of Universal Knowledge Management
      20 C The Icfai J. of Knowledge Management
      21 C Intl. J. of Nuclear Knowledge Management

      SOURCE: Bontis, N. and Serenko, A. (2009). "A follow-up ranking of academic journals", Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.16-26.

      http://www.Bontis.com/ic/publications/BontisSerenkoJKM13-1Harzing.pdf

      http://www.Bontis.com/ic/publications/SerenkoBontisJKM13-1.pdf