New Handbook of Research on Knowledge Intensive Organizations

  • alicemacgillivray
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2009
      For those of you who have or can influence a library budget, there is a
      new volume that may interest you.

      The URL is here:
      http://www.igi-global.com/reference/details.asp?ID=33145
      <http://www.igi-global.com/reference/details.asp?ID=33145> ; I can
      send a brochure if you are interested.

      The editorial board includes John Van Maanen from MIT and Sarosh
      Kuruvilla from Cornell. The book sections are titled: Learning and
      Innovation; The Language of Knowledge; Managing Knowledge; Management
      and Control; The Culture of Knowledge; The Knowledge Worker (in which I
      have a chapter) and Discussing Knowledge.

      Part of my chapter takes a model developed by Pete Kilner in his work
      with CompanyCommand, and uses it as a lens to study a network of
      Canadian counter-terrorism communities. The findings supported the value
      of the model.

      Alice

      Alice MacGillivray
      alice@... <mailto:alice@...>