Introducing the new TechSoup Community Forums platform!

  • Megan Keane
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2008
      Hi everyone--

      We are excited to announce that we have just launched our new TechSoup
      Community Forums platform!: http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/
      <http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/> We have been hard at work this
      weekend (as you can see by the video of our team):
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofoE7u4ZiE
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofoE7u4ZiE> and we have implemented a
      number of great improvements.

      This new platform is considered in Beta, and we need your help to
      perfect the functionality. Please let us know by responding to this
      thread: http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/t/27198.aspx
      <http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/t/27198.aspx> We could also use
      your help with building up our tagging clouds in the forums, so please
      tag your posts.

      So, what is new? To start, our message boards have a new look! We've
      launched a new forums platform that will have many new Web 2.0 features,
      including tagging, RSS, an activity stream, an enhanced profile,
      ratings, the ability to mark posts unread and read, and to make status
      announcements on your profile page. All of these enhancements will help
      connect our community tools with existing external communities and
      resources and, more importantly, will help our community connect with
      each other even more.

      What is staying the same? All past posts and user profile information
      will remain the same. The forums that we have will remain the same
      (i.e., Hardware, Software, Networking, etc.) User login and password are
      also going to remain the same.

      What's coming up soon? We will be including other ways to communicate
      with the community, other than just posting to the forums, including
      video, images, and other media. We will soon have a feature that will
      allow you to respond to a forum post right from your email and mobile
      device. This response will post directly to the forums.

      Following this change, we plan to continue providing further
      enhancements to make the TechSoup community a robust and useful
      destination for our users.

      If you have any questions about how to use this new platform, please see
      our FAQ: http://www.techsoup.org/community/faq/index.cfm
      <http://www.techsoup.org/community/faq/index.cfm> . If you still have
      questions or enhancement ideas after reading that, please post them to
      the forums: http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/t/27198.aspx
      <http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/t/27198.aspx> or contact us,
      Susan Tenby and Megan Keane, your faithful community compatriots at
      community@....

      Megan Keane <http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/megssokeane/>

      Online Community Manager, TechSoup Global <http://www.techsoup.org/>

      435 Brannan St., Suite 100