[cp] Questions for a survey of public servants

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2008
      Hello all,

      as part of a little event with a regional administration in Spain, I'm looking forward to drafting all participants into a "spontaneous" poll. The target will be to find their views on some aspects of CoPs, since this segment of people has the reputation of being particularly resistant to them... and I don't quite believe it, but in any case think it may be worth looking into.

      In short, I'm planning to ask about:

      - Use and awareness (do they know what a CoP is? are there CoPs in their environment? do they participate? do they profit from the results of the CoP work?)

      - Participation (if they participate, how? meetings? conferencing? distribution lists? blog/portal/other content? forums? other sharing options like tagging?)

      - Barriers (what problems do they find when participating? lack of interesting subjects? lack of something to add? lack of time? lack of support from their supervisors? lack of any good reason to participate?)

      - Rewards (if they do participate, what are the main drives? Solidarity? interest in the subject? will to help? amenity? social ties? expectation of professional improvement?)

      - Reccomendations (what they'd suggest doing to other people building CoPs: freeform).

      I'll give a talk while they have the paper, so as to kick-start the juices.

      What do you think? Any suggestions about the issue? Any questions I should be asking? Any ideas you want to contrast :-) ?

      The poll is open. Add your own question...

      ... and of course, enjoy the results: they will be make public as soon as processed.

      Looking forward to your ideas, best regards,