Re: [cp] Community Membership - A case study of sorts

  • Lee Romero
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
      On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:49 AM, pete bond
      <plbond@...> wrote:
      > Lee, Interesting stuff. Your previous posting very interesting too. I
      > will book mark your blog and look forward to the next post.
      >
      > Of some possible relevance to you is some work I'm publishing at
      > knowledgeboard.com about using certain kinds of web 2.0 applications to
      > build workplace and real CoPs (i.e, not virtual ones). It is being
      > serialised so you get it bit by bit, but at the heart of the work is how
      > to ensure membership of a 'learning communities'
      >
      > Pete Bond

      Thanks, Pete - I hope I can keep things interesting enough for you read.

      Thanks for the pointer to KnowledgeBoard - I'll read through your
      writing and keep up on what you write there. Question on that point -
      It looks like there's no single RSS feed for KnowledgeBoard and,
      instead, they're broken into different categories. Am I missing
      something? I just subscribed to the "KB News" category as that seemed
      the closest to an overall feed.

      Regards
      Lee
    • Lee Romero
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 20, 2008
        Hi again, all - I thought I'd highlight to the community here that
        I've just completed what I think is going to be the last of my posts
        related to community metrics (at least for the near future).

        Since my first post, highlighted below, I've followed up with further
        descriptions of how we've captured and used the data for basic
        understanding of our communities, how we've applied demographic
        analysis to it, how it's explicitly been made part of our performance
        management program and, lastly, some discussion of a compound metric
        that tries to capture some sense of "knowledge flow" through a
        community.

        The category page for these is:

        http://blog.leeromero.org/category/communities-of-practice/

        though that'll present them backwards chronologically, of course.

        I'd be particularly interested in hearing from anyone on comments of
        how they've approached this type of effort (to "compare notes", as it
        were) and comments on the ideas expressed in the "knowledge flow"
        topic (especially criticisms or ideas around the validatoin question I
        raise).

        Regards
        Lee Romero