Re: [of] Exchange rate collapse & online facilitatio

  • Fred Nickols
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2008
      In the midst of all this doom and gloom, there is one bright spot (or
      so I think).

      When things are going really well, financially, companies tend to take
      on lots of staff and do most things internally. When hard times hit,
      lots of staff are let go and companies start looking for temporary
      help - not just temps per se but also high-priced, specialized
      expertise (namely, consultants). My work has started to pick up.
      Why? I think it's because organizations are struggling with (a) the
      severe problems they're facing and (b) a shortfall of internal
      expertise. At least that's always been the case before. In short,
      companies are looking about for relevant expertise they don't have to
      put on the payroll - and, if they can find it, they'll pay a
      short-term premium (read that as higher fees than they'll pay in good
      times).

      Anyway, just thought I'd toss that into the mix.

      Managing Partner
      Distance Consulting, LLC
      nickols@...
      www.nickols.us