Managing Multimembership in Social Networks: Oct 27-Nov 9 - Mini-Conference

  • Jeffrey Keefer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2008
      How Do You Handle Multimembership?

      What, not sure about what Multimembership is?

      Multimembership refers to being a member of several social networking
      environments, communities, platforms, and technologies at once. You
      know, I blog here and Tweet there and participate in Facebook over
      there (among many others). The issue? How do I manage all these?

      As a mini-conference associated with the Facilitating Online
      Communities class, a few of us (Bronwyn Stuckey, Jeffrey Keefer,
      Sue Wolff, and Sylvia Currie) are facilitating a free two-week
      session entitled: Managing Multimembership in Social Networks, hosted
      by SCoPE:
      http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=1171

      Come take a look at our description, and we will be happy to have
      your thoughts and participation in this event.

      To get us started, we created a brief online survey about this to try
      to gather some data before the session begins that we will then share
      once we start on October 27. Please consider taking it (and send it
      to your friends and colleagues and family, too!):
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Mbw4W9RyDlYZ6%2f2%2ftchOQQ%3d%
      3d

      Most of us have to consider issues around multimembership, so let's
      start to discuss them!

      If you wish to join us or otherwise pass this around to anybody else
      you think may be interested, the tag we are using is: multimembership

      Thank you.

      -----
      Jeffrey Keefer
      jeffrey@...

      Interested in Social Networks?
      Attend the Managing Multimembership in Social Networks
      SCoPE discussion: Oct 27-Nov 9, 2008

      Blog: http://silenceandvoice.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/JeffreyKeefer
      Website: http://www.jeffreykeefer.com