Re: [cp] Workplace stress and CoPs. A query

  • pete bond
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 12:37 PM
      Hi there, Has anyone ever come across any research related to stress and
      CoPs? I'm exploring the proposition that being being part of a
      community of practice can reduce individual workplace stress? Would be
      very interested hearing from anyone who has any info.

      Thanks

      pete bond
    • John Parboosingh
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 8:11 PM
        The commonest "talk about practice' that I hear while observing CoPs in health care relates to developing coping strategies for work overload and demands. In fact many members seek and share improvisations and work arounds that help them remove stress at work. I would suggest that it is information of this type that brings many members back to meetings week after week, but I do not know of any definative studies.

        John Parboosingh MB FRCSC
        Professor Emeritus, University of Calgary
        Consultant, Community Learning

        Mailing address: 146 Rundle Crescent, Canmore,
        Alberta, Canada T1W 2L6
        Phone (403) 609-3321
        Fax: (403) 609-3371
        Email address: parboo@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3 2:08 AM
          Thanks John, With a colleague, I'm attempting to work up what seems an
          obvious case for developing workplace communities as part of a strategy
          for stress reduction, but as yet have not found anything other than
          anecdotal evidence. We'll keep looking.

          thanks again

          Pete