RE: [cp] Conference call practices

  • Kim Rowe
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2007
      I reviewed the material and John can atest to the fact that we've used such methods for several years. I found this complete but I often wondered if we might benefit from a more structured chat where notes are added to specific agenda items rather than a "stream of conciousness" approach.

      I would also comment that recording is good for research or direct transcript purposes. It is useless to find out what happened at a meeting. A set of minutes can be 100's of times faster and reading a transcript is 4 times faster. Generally audio recording is a waste of time.

      Comments?

      Kim Rowe
      Founder, RoweBots Research Inc.

      PS. Almost ten years ago I started building on line meeting tools to do this and exited this business a few years ago. It seems to be very hot right now with new entrants and venture funded companies getting into this space now. What do you think? Is it time for these tools now?

      To: com-prac@yahoogroups.comFrom: john.smith@...: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:50:50 -0800Subject: [cp] Conference call practices

      I just wrote up a bunch of related methods that I thought might interestcom-prac folks.http://tinyurl.com/yot4bo or:http://www.learningalliances.net/index.php/resources/conference-call-practices/Would love to hear any feedback, comments, heckles...John** John D. Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype: smithjd * Portland, Oregon, USA http://www.learningAlliances.net * Foundations of CoPs workshop starts Jan 28: CPsquare.org/edu/foundations* �We are what we eat, and we think what we practice.� -- Geoffrey BowkerNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.11/1200 - Release Date: 12/27/20071:34 PM