Best of com-prac - the First Year

  • Paul Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hello com-prac members new and old,

      Some of us (about 40 members) have been here since the start-up of
      com-prac in late Oct, 1999. We are now a community of over 200
      members in a little over a year of CoP chatting.

      I was thinking that it would be worthwhile to mine our discussions
      over the past year for the 'best of com-prac.' So I propose a com-
      prac project to:

      1) identify the best thinking in our messages about communities of
      practice (could set up a 'best posts' table in our com-prac database
      section)

      2) set up a short list of best links for community of practice
      resources on the Internet (could set up a 'best links' folder in our
      com-prac links section)

      3) optionally - write up a set of Frequently Asked Questions/Answers
      for new members to read over when they first join com-prac

      If you are interested in participating let me know:

      pmford3 @ yahoo.com

      Remove the spaces in the above address to email me.

      Yes, this project will take some of your time. I hope the pay-off is
      we will come to a better understanding of our topic. And new members
      will appreciate the help getting up to speed with our best thinking
      so they can join in our conversations more quickly.

      -- Paul Ford