Any Suggestions on a CoP Learning Object to Jointly Explore?

  • fordp@bp.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2000
      All com-prac members

      I've been working on an eLearning project this last 6 weeks. Got me
      thinking that we could propose a number of options for us to learn
      about CoPs (eg, Etienne Wenger's book on CoPs). Then look to select
      one to focus our learning and discussions (not everyone needs to
      participate for this to work).

      Thinking behind this suggestion: productive CoPs have artifacts that
      they place in the center of their conversations (geologists use sub-
      surface maps to talk over their interpretations of what's down
      below). I think a shared object for us to focus our conversation on
      would help us all learn more, faster about CoPs.

      Got any suggestions? Don't worry about what the suggestion is, the
      more the merrier!

      Well, I read the com-prac messages on the web rather than through
      email so I can imagine some people don't want to see hundreds of
      suggestion messages (I wish we would have hundreds!). If you dont
      want to see an email for each com-prac message posted, just:

      1) go on to the com-prac home page

      http://www.egroups.com/group/com-prac

      2) click the Modify link on the right side under the Membership label

      3) select either the digest option (one email a day which includes
      all messages posted the previous day) or the read on the web option
      (you dont get any emails at all, you have to remember to go to the
      com-prac site to read new messages).

      4) click on the Save Changes button

      -- Paul Ford