My presentation to the Com-prac

  • Richard McDermott
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
      Luisa,

      I am sending you an old case study in the oil industry. However, I continue
      to work in the oil industry on communities as well as other dimensions of
      practice and expertise development. I believe the issues in the oil
      industry have changed quite a bit. Give me a call if you would like. I am in
      this week.

      Kind Regards,

      Richard McDermott

      Message: 5
      Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:39:28 -0000
      From: "Luisa Elena Sucre" <luisaesucre@...>
      Subject: My presentation to the Com-prac

      Hi, My name is Luisa Elena Sucre, senior free-lance consultant of the
      field of KM, focused on CoPs in Venezuela (please don´t relate me
      with our President´s insults and provocations to members of your
      Government... I do not embrace such violent and intimidating
      statements) Please forgive some of my syntax and ortographic mistakes
      in English, which is not my mother language. I hope these mistakes
      don´t interfere with the messagges I want to express and share with
      you. I have just joined this fabulous Community and wanted to
      introduce myself to the members of the CoP. Today I have received
      mails of the CoP on stimulating matters such as ways of forming a CoP,
      convenience of the inside or outside aproach, the paradigms of Vygotsky
      or Argyris, etc. I was marveled with the level, spontaneity of these
      discussions and remote and nurturing dialogs! I have worked as
      external consultant supporting the formation of CoPs en Telecom
      Companies, and our Oil Company (before it was taken by the Government
      who fired 20.000 talents in 2002...) Though live is sometimes a cyrcle,
      I have been recently chosen (as external consultant) to re-form the lost
      communities in our oil industry, begginning with a pilot project inside
      one of the main Bussiness Units. I love the field of CoPs and their
      impact on social learning, innovations, social fabric and improving
      process. In spanish we say "I feel like a fish into the water..." Do
      you have some recent case estudies of Cops in the oil industry sector? I
      would very much appreciate your sending me opinions, links or other
      resources regarding this matter. Thank you for your openess of this
      CoP and for the great opportunity to share ideas with all of you.
      Luisa Elena Caracas, Venezuela

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
        Some time ago, Yahoo! stopped allowing com-prac messages to carry
        attachments because of virus concerns. So generous offers like Richard's
        need to be handled in a more indirect and slightly more complicated way:
        upload the file to the "files" area on the com-prac website after you log on
        to Yahoo:

        When you upload a file you have the choice whether to have Yahoo send the
        list an announcement. If we run out of space, I'll move stuff to the
        CPsquare site.

        * John D. Smith - John.Smith@... Voice: 503.963.8229
        * "Tomorrow is not promised." -- Kitty Margolis