RE: [cp] CoP for Software and IT group

  • Senthil Kalyanasundram
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
      Bhojaraju,
      >> Can we create CoPs based on the Project Teams also?
      Yes you can create COP based on the project teams. However, one of the
      advantages of COP is promoting inter-team collaboration to share the
      discretionary knowledge and we can assume the project teams sharing their
      accountable knowledge in the normal setting even though the reality is
      otherwise.

      The number of COPs and their typology really depend on the organisation's
      size, its business focus and proximity of the members. In my previous
      organization, I've created COPs based on the Technology i.e. COP - Web
      Technologies, Business Intelligence, Database Technologies and Info Sec so
      on. If your organisation focuses on Web Technologies, others are irrelevant
      to you. If your organisation has only 10 people, you don't need to have 10
      COPs (again it depends on the context). The best way to look at the
      business focus and align your COPs accordingly.