Re: More news on termination of actKM discussion forum

  • P. Arumugam
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 1:13 AM
      Dear Dr Dan Kirsch,

      Please explain how we violated your trademark rights?

      Regards,
      P. Arumugam

      --- In com-prac@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Lambe" <plambe@g...> wrote:

      > Folks
      >
      > See the message below with Yahoo's explanation of why the actKM
      forum was terminated. Apparently it was as a result of a trademark
      infringement complaint made by one of ActKM's members, Dr Dan Kirsch
      on behalf of his company Hudson Associates Consulting Inc. To my
      knowledge the convenor of actKM was not informed of the complaint
      prior to termination, nor did Dr Kirsh raise any infringement
      concerns within the forum. ActKM's convenor Mark Schenk is trying to
      find out what the nature of the complaint is, but in the meantime, I
      would encourage members of any Yahoo KM discussion groups to be
      hyper-conscious of trademark issues, and be aware that you can be
      shut down on the basis of a complaint without any recourse to a
      right of reply or rectification of an infringement if it has
      happened.

      > Best
      >
      > Patrick

      have 'terminated' actKM as a result of a complaint that the group
      has made 'unauthorised use of a trademark'.

      > I have asked Yahoo for an explanation why this was done without
      any notification to us.

      > I have also asked Dr Dan Kirsch for an explanation of the nature
      of the complaint and infringement. Yahoo advises that Dr Kirsch is
      the authorised representative of the complainant. Dr Kirsch is
      President of Hudson Associates Consulting and Chief Operating
      Officer of KMProT.

      > Mark Schenk
      >
      > Convenor, actKM

      -------------

      trademark(s) proprietary to Hudson Associated Consulting, Inc. were
      used in connection with the Yahoo!(R) Group ACT-KM. Hudson
      Associated Consulting, Inc. has further notified Yahoo! that the ACT-
      KM Group is not authorized to use the trademark in question.

      > As Yahoo! previously made you aware, Yahoo! respects the rights of
      both its users and the owners and rights holders of intellectual
      property. Accordingly, and in compliance with the Digital Millennium
      Copyright Act and/or other applicable federal law(s), Yahoo! has
      expeditiously removed or disabled access to the content in question,
      and your Yahoo! Group has been terminated.

      > Through your participation in Yahoo! Groups you agree to abide by
      the Yahoo! Terms of Service, as well as any additional Terms of
      Service applicable to you. Further, as you know, Yahoo! may
      terminate any and/or all services and accounts without notice. The
      current Yahoo! Terms of Service may be reviewed at:
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms. Pursuant to Section 6 of the
      Terms of Service, Member Conduct, you agreed not to use Yahoo!
      services to "upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make
      available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade
      secret, copyright or other proprietary rights...of any party."

      > If you believe that the ACT-KM Group was designated by Hudson
      Associated Consulting, Inc. by mistake or misidentification, or if
      you believe that you have not infringed Hudson Associated
      Consulting, Inc.'s trademark rights, you may contact Hudson
      Associated Consulting, Inc. directly. Hudson Associated Consulting,
      Inc. and/or Hudson Associated Consulting, Inc.'s authorized agent
      may be contacted at:

      > By email: drk@h...
      >

      > We wish to thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation
      and assistance in this matter.

      > Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further
      assistance.

      > Kind regards,
      >

      > Michael Meneses
      >
      > Copyright Assistant, Yahoo! Inc.
      >
      > copyright@y...

      > c/o Yahoo! Inc.
      >
      > 701 First Ave.
      >
      > Sunnyvale, CA 94089
      >

      > Please note: You are receiving a copy of this email which was sent
      to the owner of the Yahoo! Group ACT-KM because you are a designated
      Moderator for this Group.