Making face-to-face conferences more technology and community aware

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      We had a really great community rendezvous at the E-Learn convergence on
      October 28th. Seems like a "sidecar" event is a great formula for balancing
      informal conversation with a more purposeful focus. One of the outcomes of
      our discussion was to list ways that we thought the E-Learn conference could
      be more technology and community friendly. Your comments and/or additions
      would be welcome here:

      http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=60#368

      Consider this a plug for the effort that Sylvia Currie and others are making
      to:

      "Welcome all community coordinators, hosts, moderators, and everybody else
      interested in learning more about cultivating and sustaining online
      communities! This is a gathering place to share resources, experiences, and
      opportunities."

      * John D. Smith - John.Smith@... V: 503.963.8229
      * "Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed;
      * too severe, seldom executed." -- Benjamin Franklin