communities of practice

  • carlos alberto gamez gamboa
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
      my name is carlos alberto gamez i am doing a research about communities of practice in general, it will be of great help if you could provide information , i have the book of etinne wegner but i want more sources.
      thanks all
      carlos

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
        Carlos,

        I suggest you start by browsing through the archives from this list and have
        a look at our files area:

        There are also some snippets here:

        http://www.learningalliances.net/CP_bib/ (not really current, but
        has a lot of basics)

        http://www.cpsquare.org (has stuff in the main & edu blogs)

        http://www.voght.com/cgi-bin/pywiki?DistributedCopsLinks
        (specifically about distriburted communities)

        * John D. Smith - John.Smith@... V: 503.963.8229
        * A new report on Technologies for Communities is on its way.
        * Blog and announcements at: http://www.technologyforcommunities.com
        * "With company you quicken your ascent" -- Rumi
      • Lauren Klein
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
          Hola Carlos,

          This Community of Communities in this group is quite helpful in thought leadership, which is what you are seeking. I would recommend that you start by reviewing this Yahoo Groups Archive as many folks have shared reference materials in these discussions.

          Welcome to the Community!

          Lauren

          Lauren Klein
          Knowledge Management
          775.853.6296
          775.336.8204 (mobile)
          Novell, Inc.
          www.novell.com

          >>> calicheanglex@... 3/31/2005 11:18 AM >>>

          my name is carlos alberto gamez i am doing a research about communities of practice in general, it will be of great help if you could provide information , i have the book of etinne wegner but i want more sources.
          thanks all
          carlos

          *-- The email forum on communities of practice --*
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • John Maloney
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
            Hi --

            Here is a Communities of Practice bibliography by our friend Eric
            Tsui, et al.

            http://www.knowledgeboard.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=83980&d=pnd

            Also, syndicate CoPs on kmblogs.com --

            http://kmblogs.com/public/blog/85526

            It is a persistent search for all things CoP delivered right into
            your RSS reader every day. That's hot.

            /jtm/

            John Maloney
            IM/Skype: jheuristic
            ID: http://public.2idi.com/=john.maloney

            Social Media Summit: http://www.kmcluster.com/sfo/

            Blog: http://kmblogs.com/
          • Richard McDermott
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
              Carlos,

              You can look on my website as well and let me know if you would like any of
              the articles listed there. I will be happy to send them to you.

              Kind Regards,

              Richard McDermott
              McDermott Consulting _______________
              712 Allen Drive, Longmont, Co 80503