Re: [cp] SNA book and readings

  • Geoff Walker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      I don't think I've seen this Call on this List, BUT if I have just
      cross-posted, apologies...

      "Adaptive Technologies and Business Integration: Social, Managerial and
      Organizational Dimensions"
      Call for Chapter Proposals
      Proposal submission deadline: April 05, 2005

      Website available at http://www.ipca.pt/business_integration/

      Dear Sir,

      We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the book entitled "Adaptive
      Technologies and Business Integration: Social, Managerial and Organizational
      Dimensions" to be edited Manuela Cunha, Bruno Cortes and Goran Putnik,
      within your field of expertise related with the book topics.

      Overall Objective
      The book intends to provide an integrated view of the most recent
      contributions at the several dimensions that can be identified in business
      integration:

      1. The semantic dimension, which includes the ontological and
      organizational approaches: concepts, organizational models and business
      integration models.

      2. The managerial dimension, which includes the integration management,
      relationship management, process integration, knowledge management,
      technology integration management and information integration.

      3. The technological dimension, which includes the application
      integration and integration technologies, technological infrastructure and
      standards.

      4. The social dimension, which includes the human resources management,
      human resources integration, social issues, impact, communities of
      knowledge.

      Coverage
      Topics should be drawn from, but not limited to, the following areas, with
      major emphasis on the technological, social, managerial and organizational
      aspects of business integration:

      - Business requirements and Business integration requirements

      - Integration models and architectures

      - Business integration management

      - Information integration

      - Technology integration

      - Social aspects in business integration

      - Technologies and infrastructures for business integration

      - Case studies related to business integration.

      - Demonstration and validation of implemented solutions.

      Submission procedure
      Researchers and practioners are invited to submit a 2 - 5 page chapter
      proposal, clearly outlining the mission and objective of the proposed
      chapter, and its relation to the mission of this book on or before April 05,
      2005. Authors will be notified by April 15, 2005 about the status of their
      proposals, and authors of accepted proposals will be sent chapter
      organization guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by July
      15, 2005.

      All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a blind peer review basis.

      The book is scheduled to be published by IDEA Group Inc., publisher of the
      Idea Group Publishing, Information Science Publishing, IRM Press, CyberTech
      Publishing and Idea Group Reference imprints in 2006.

      For more information about this Call for Chapters, please read the attached
      "Call for Chapters" or visit the Web page available at
      http://www.ipca.pt/business_integration .

      Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word documents)
      or by mail to Maria Manuela Cunha (mcunha@...) and Bruno Cortes
      (bcortes@...).

      Polytechnic Institute of C�vado and Ave
      Higher School of Technology
      Department of Information Systems and Technologies
      Urbaniza��o Quinta de Formiga, Arcozelo
      4750 Barcelos, Portugal

      With best regards,
      The Editors,
      Maria Manuela Cunha, Bruno Cortes, Goran D. Putnik

      Maria Manuela Cunha
      Bruno Cortes
      Polytechnic Institute of C�vado and Ave
      Higher School of Technology
      Department of Information Systems
      Urbaniza��o Quinta de Formiga
      4750 Barcelos
      Portugal

      Goran D. Putnik
      Department of Production and Systems Engineering
      School of Engineering
      University of Minho
      4800-058 Guimar�es
      Portugal