CPsquare open house in Amsterdam on June 13th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2004
      What: CPSquare open house: a day of converstion about communities of practice, the work we're doing and the work that needs to be done. The agenda includes:
      • Getting acquainted with others working in the communities of practice area
      • Individual case studies and problem solving sessions: a case presentation and ensuing discussion could last a half hour or more
      • Recently published or in progress research projects: what does the field look like? What's not being studied?
      • Scanning the horizon: thinking about the future of CPsquare, of individual projects, of related organizations and initiatives.
      Who: CPsquare members and friends.

      Where: ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012 XK Amsterdam, The Netherlands

      When: from 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday, June 13th

      How it will work: We convene online to work on the agenda (always subject to change), share documents or links in advance, and work out logistics. We'll have the same online space for two weeks afterwards for follow-up.

      To participate: write John Smith: John.Smith@... (who can send you a list of pre-registered people if you're interested).

      Cost: To cover the cost of the room everyone pays 25 euros AND everyone should bring some food or drink to share during the course of the day, such as pastries, a loaf of bread, fruit, cheese, a bottle of wine, or chocolate.

      If you can join us, please do so!

      Also, write me now if you're considering the workshop I'm giving with Nancy White on events for distributed communities of practice: http://www.learningalliances.net/HeartBeat2004/

      * John D. Smith - John.Smith@... V: 503.963.8229
      * Many of our institutions are designed for knowing rather than learning
      * -- Learning for a small planet