the article of Knowledge communities in Japan

  • Hideo Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29 7:08 PM
      Dear Sirs,

      I am a director of Knowledge management society Japan.
      I recently wrote an article about current status of knowledge
      communities in Japan,
      which I was commissioned by the editor to write for "Asia Pacific
      Tech Monitor" published by
      APCTT ESCAP United Nations.

      Several examples of actual Japanese COPs are mentioned in my article,
      which have
      very different flavour from western ones. You would be surprised to
      know what is happening in Japan.

      I obtained precious knowledge from all of you in the past a couple of
      years, Therefore, I would like to reciprocate this time.

      If you have interest in current Japanese knowledge-community
      building, please give me your e-mail address to h-yamazaki@....
      You shall receive free copy of my article from me.

      The following is the abstract of my article.

      Abstract:

      Japan's "high context", consensus-based organizational structure
      worked very well in the industrial age.
      With the coming of the knowledge age, however, Japanese cpmpanies are
      increasingly realizing the need to
      develop "knowledge building communities". This article traces the
      origins and development of this
      paradigm shift in Japanese business culture.

      Regards

      @Hideo Yamazaki, ph.D.
      Professor, Knowledge MBA School Tokyo,
      Patent University of America,
      Director, Knowledge Management Society of Japan
      Tokyo 100-0004, Japan
      e-mail: h-yamazaki@...