knowledge communities in Japan

  • Hideo Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 1:10 AM
      Dear Sirs,

      I am a director of Knowledge management society Japan.
      I recently wrote an article about current status of knowledge communities
      in Japan,
      which I was commissioned by the editor to write for "Asia Pacific Tech
      Monitor" published by
      APCTT ESCAP United Nations.

      Several examples of actual Japanese COPs are mentioned in my article, which have
      very different flavour from western ones. You would be surprised to know
      what is happening in Japan.

      I obtained precious knowledge from all of you in the past a couple of
      years, Therefore, I would like to reciprocate this time.

      If you have interest in current Japanese knowledge-community building,
      please give me your e-mail address to h-yamazaki@.... You shall
      receive free copy of my article from me.

      The following is the abstract of my article.

      Abstract:

      Japan's "high context", consensus-based organizational structure worked
      very well in the industrial age.
      With the coming of the knowledge age, however, Japanese cpmpanies are
      increasingly realizing the need to
      develop "knowledge building communities". This article traces the origins
      and development of this
      paradigm shift in Japanese business culture.

      Regards

      -----------------------------------
      ?@Hideo Yamazaki, ph.D.
      Professor, Knowledge MBA School Tokyo,
      Patent University of America,
      Director, Knowledge Management Society of Japan
      Tokyo 100-0004, Japan
      e-mail: h-yamazaki@...
      -----------------------------------
    • Thomas Mathiasen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 7:04 AM
        Dear Dr. Yamazaki

        Your paper sound very interesting, and I would be very please to receive a
        copy.

        I have had many pleasant and fruitful collaborations in Japan and I would
        like this opportunity to learn more.

        Kind regards,
        Thomas Mathiasen
        Founder