Re: Are you ok?... a.k.a. Is there anybody out there?

  • Joseph Cothrel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 6:25 PM
      I guess I have to check in more often. I've been visiting
      com-prac
      ever since Paul sent the first invites out. Like Delyn, I belong to
      the community for a lot of reasons: a) to hear what issues are top-
      of-mind for other folks doing community-related work, b) to see who
      else is involved and interested, and c) to see whether the things
      I'm
      writing jibe with what other folks are thinking, or even make their
      own way into the debate (which sometimes happens, I'm glad to
      say).

      Re the company, the very best place to find out about Participate is
      (maybe counter-intuitively) the web site:
      http://www.participate.com Check out the reports, whitepapers,
      articles, and case studies on the site for some fairly detailed
      info. A webcast series that just kicked off last month is also
      useful, but aimed more at business people than community
      practitioners. All this will give you a more complete view of the
      company than a post from yours truly.

      Re your work Matthew, it sounds terrific. Looking forward to seeing
      the article when it comes out.

      Joe
    • Delyn Simons
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17 11:21 AM
        I just received ParticipateLive event series information in the mail. It
        does an excellent job of speaking to Executive points & concerns about the
        value of online community to their business and why they shouldn't miss out.

        When these key decision makers understand CoP's, it makes it so much easier
        for community builders to evangelize within their company and get budgets
        approved for their community applications (i.e. do their job). I think that
        is why Joe's talk at VirComm about measuring the success of OLC's was so
        popular amongst community builders - they want to know how to overcome the
        inevitable objections they run into from management when they try and launch
        a new community app within their company.

        http://webevents.broadcast.com/participate/roi/home.asp

        <snip>A webcast series that just kicked off last month is also