Case Study: referral development community

  • Paul Ford
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2000
      I have been asking myself why we have not, before now, put forth
      example communities we are involved in. One thing that has stopped me
      from posting examples is the potential confidential nature of the
      communities I am involved in. The other thing that holds me back is
      not one of the communities I know about really lives up to my
      expectations!

      So I really have to thank John for taking the risks I was not willing
      to take.

      This Referral Development community has some great advantages:

      1) no internal secrets of any of our enterprises will be exposed to
      competitors (we may want to talk later about how sensitive this issue
      really is, perhaps it is only the image of a sensitivity rather than
      a real problem)

      2) allows us to look at a non-enterprise group to see how the
      concepts of CPs can take shape (other than this com-prac community, I
      don't participate in CP groups outside of work)

      3) no member of our com-prac community is in this Portland group so
      no one's ego is on the line (except John's possibly so we should
      treat him gently)

      Again, thanks John for giving us this case study as a center point
      for our explorations.

      -- Paul Ford