RE: [cp] introduction

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
      Hi James,

      I had to deal with something similar las year for my reseach paper and my conclusions were that Europe is still very new in this kind of education... I saw a rather radical opposition bt both continents. EEUU is very ahead... Here is still very difficult to convince people of working and training themself in a CoP...

      Nevertheless, I am working with one which is working very very good, a Minerva Project, I don't know if you know what it is...

      Kind regards,

      Mar�a

      Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
      Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n

      14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

      TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc -  www.mariajordano.com

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Noreen Sullivan
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
        Hi Miquel,

        Sounds like you are doing some interesting things.
        What sorts of software are you using for communities
        of practice?

        Noreen
        --- "Cornejo Castro, Miguel"

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 26, 2003
          Hi Noreen,

          we're using plain old Invision Board :-) from http://www.invisionboard.com/ , with some in-house custom developments in PHP+mySQL. The board's user management plugs in with a half-cooked content management system we did on PHP+mySQL and are trying to upgrade.

          Nothing really complicated: we could not afford it (we only had volunteer resources), and we don't yet need it.

          <miguel.cornejo@...> wrote:
          > I guess I skipped the introduction. My excuses.
          >
          > I'm Miguel Cornejo, a consultant for Getronics
          > (document management, business intelligence,
          > balanced scorecard) and also owner of a very small
          > not-for-profit consultancy called Macuarium Network
          > SL, and lead admin of its Macuarium.com portal. The
          > core of Macuarium is a serious CoP system.
          >
          > I also help facilitate the CoP SIG at
          > http://www.knowledgeboard.com .
          >
          > I'm very interested in CoP facilitation techniques.
          > I'm also doing research (and half-way through a
          > book) on CoP dynamics and uses in an organizational
          > setting.
          >
          > In case you're interested, the Macuarium CoP system
          > is already used to experiments, polls and other
          > investigative endeavors... so just ask. You're
          > invited.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Miguel
          >
          > ::: http://www.egroups.com/group/com-prac
          > unsubscribe
          >

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • James Renton
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 26, 2003
            Dear Maria,

            If we go beyond education for the moment, and consider the role of CoPs in European and British businesses, can we still see quite an early stage of devpt, as compared with the interest in CoP, within KM, in the States?

            Thanks

            James
            I had to deal with something similar las year for my reseach paper and my conclusions were that Europe is still very new in this kind of education... I saw a rather radical opposition bt both continents. EEUU is very ahead... Here is still very difficult to convince people of working and training themself in a CoP...

            Nevertheless, I am working with one which is working very very good, a Minerva Project, I don't know if you know what it is...

            Kind regards,

            María

            María Jordano de la Torre
            Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n

            14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130