Re: Who are the top 10 role playes in a CoP?

  • mattmcculley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2002
      Suggestions for terms/naming convention for your ten roles:

      1. Fellow
      2. Representative
      3. Facilitator
      4. Member
      5. Partner
      6. Sponsor
      7. Advocate
      8. Associate
      9. Councilor
      10. Champion

    • Edward Swanstrom
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
        To the KM and CoP Community,

        The formal process for ANSI/ISO standards development for Knowledge
        Management and Knowledge Economics is now underway. Documents will be
        assigned an GKEC/ANSI number by November 7th, 2002. You are invited to
        participate as directed by ANSI procedures:

        "Due process means that any person (organization, company, government
        agency, individual, etc.) with a direct and material interest has a
        right to participate by: a) expressing a position and its basis, b)
        having that position considered, and c) having the right to appeal. Due
        process allows for equity and fair play. "

        See http://www.kmstandards.org for the committees, rules, and
        procedures.

        To participate in standards discussions see
        http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/kmstandards

        [For the CoP community, you should note that CoPs fall under under
        knowledge economics. Knowledge Economics defines an effective CoP as one
        that can compress diffusion curves and drive down the cost of learning
        of new practices. The more a CoP is associated with experience
        diffusion, the greater positive impact it has on dropping learning costs
        in learning-by-doing and learning-by-using. Some of the proposed metrics
        will focus on the economics of CoPs, storytelling, social networks, and
        other knowledge/experience diffusion activities. Much of the CoP terms
        and definitions will be added to the proposed standard for KE
        vocabulary.]

        GKEC Secretariat