questions about organisational awareness of CoPs - research for book

  • chris macrae
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Do you know of organisations which publicise what CoPs their employees are involved in, and make this part of the culture by eg ensuring that full awareness of CoPs is part of the induction of new employees?

      Among organisations which you know of having valuable CoPs within their midst, what is your estimate of the percentage that make everyone aware of what CoPs exists?

      What sources do you know of for assessing the performance standards of an organisation's design? eg I think of the Baldrige standards for assessing an organisation's design of quality?

      Do any of the standards you know of for benchmarking an organisations' design explicitly refer to CoPs?

      These are questions I am drafting for an expert survey connected to an organisation chapter of a book I am co-authoring. As well as any answers to these questions, I would be delighted to have comments on whether I should be asking different questions etc. More about the overall theme of the book appears at http://www.egroups.com/group/simplysee

      thanks, chris macrae, wcbn007@...