Re: [cp] Launch of a virtual team space - advice sought, have I forgotten any...

  • Chris Kimble
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      Mark,

      At 15:42 23/12/2001, Swarby wrote:
      >... Although its good that you have 3 hours, i would like to say that I
      >know the community that I worked with needed a 3 day conference every
      >6 months.

      I tend to agree with the above - but If you only have three hours, you only
      have three hours.

      I would suggest that you try to schedule follow up face to face
      meetings. The virtual community that I know most about had a face to face
      meeting every six months, even although they were on different sides of the
      Atlantic!

      See:

      http://uk.arXiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0101/0101012.pdf
      or
      http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~kimble/research/13kimble.pdf

      for details.

      Chris Kimble
      Department of Computer Science, University of York,
      YO10 5DD, York, UK
      tel: +44 1904 433380 fax: +44 1904 432767
      Home: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~kimble
      MIS group: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/mis/