Annoucements, etc.

  • Melissiecr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      All,
      Sorry for the late response. I am home with my mother, who is ill.
      I agree with John that annoucements do offer some valuable information for
      many people. The intent of the annoucement is clearly warn those who do NOT
      wish to read it. I got started in roughly this field initially around 1992,
      and consciously moved to KM in 1995. Conferences and other external
      opportunities have long been for me a critical way to learn what is NOT
      available internally. Thus I see a value.

      Olaf, I also struggle with the dance between setting clear guidelines for
      this group and allowing individual freedom and exploration. We obviously
      have a diverse group with a endlessly rich and wide ranging sources of
      experience, interests and concerns. What would we lose if we draw bold lines
      and ask people to stay within them? Over the months I have come to conclude
      it would be too much.

      And thank you for the conversation!
      Regards,
      Melissie