Fellowship opportunity - Higher Ed

  • Victoria Cross
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      I don't know how many of us are higher education types, but this
      opportunity seemed like it might appeal to some. I know that CoP has
      been a pretty hot topic at EDUCAUSE recently.

      >NLII SEEKING FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS - DUE SEPTEMBER 6, 2001
      >
      >Now is your chance to become part of an initiative to
      >transform teaching and learning in higher education by applying to
      >become a National Learning and Infrastructure Initiative* (NLII) Fellow.
      >This program, now in its third year, supports two half-time Fellows,
      >who work to advance the overall mission of the NLII, which is to create
      >new collegiate learning environments that harness the power of
      >information technology to improve the quality of teaching and
      >learning, contain or reduce rising costs, and provide greater access
      >to American higher education.
      >The Fellowship begins on January 1, 2002, and ends on January 31, 2003.
      >
      >More information and a fellowship application form (due 9/6/01) are
      >available on-line at http://www.educause.edu/nlii/fellowship/.
      >
      >The primary benefit to participants will be a broadening of perspective,
      >leading to enhanced career opportunities. NLII 2001 Fellows invite you
      >to contact them if you would like to hear a firsthand perspective. They
      >are Helen Knibb (hknibb@...), and John Ittelson
      >(john@...).

      >EDUCAUSE*.
      >
      >*EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu) is an international, nonprofit
      >association
      >whose mission is to help shape and enable transformational change in
      >higher education
      >through the introduction, use and management of information resources
      >and technologies
      >in teaching, learning, scholarship, research and institutional
      >management.

      Victoria Cross, Ph.D. | Teaching Resources Center
      http://trc.ucdavis.edu/trc
      University of California | 17 Wellman Hall
      One Shields Avenue | Phone: (530) 752-6050
      Davis, CA 95616 | Fax: (530) 752-5986