8108Re: [cp] Forums & KM: What CoP's Should Do to Manage Discussion-Produced Knowledge
- Jan 29, 2009--- In email@example.com, "Steve Glovinsky"
> The main product or our research service is thethreads in the
> "Consolidated Reply" - a template that synthesizes discussion
> form of an executive brief and captures the experiences and referencesusing the
> offered by participants. Our aim is to get all Solution Exchanges
> same template so that they can be indexed in a common repository (we are<snip>
> currently building) and shared across countries.
Sounds interesting, Steve...
I wonder if you could point us to an example of either the guidelines
or their use? A URL or a file you could share in the com-prac "files
area" would be great: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/com-prac/files
I think you and Nancy have implicitly brought up the importance of
paid staff for the functioning of a community. Anything you might
have to say about that would be very interesting, too.
* John D. Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype: smithjd
* Portland, Oregon, USA http://www.learningAlliances.net
* "Your responsibility does not end with complaining. Suggest
something better!" Esther Dyson
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>