Ebay Col 45

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 13 , May 25, 2008
      *Columbia 45 in NO for sale on Ebay.

      **http://tinyurl.com/58jl5u*
      *

      HJ

      *

    • lookoutnw@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 13 , May 26, 2008
        OMG!!!!! What a sadist to post those pics. My heart is broken to see that boat's pics.

        --
        Jim & Chong Lussier
        73/74 Columbia / SailCrafter 45

        From: Harry James <welshman@...>

        Message 3 of 13 , May 26, 2008
          Hey ---it only needs a bit of work, thats what it says, not sunk,
          generator and engine both work, sails good.

          HJ

          lookoutnw@... wrote:
          > OMG!!!!! What a sadist to post those pics. My heart is broken to see that boat's pics.
          >
          > --
          > Jim & Chong Lussier
          > 73/74 Columbia / SailCrafter 45
          > Dawn Treader Hull #201
          > Olympia, Washington

          > From: Harry James <welshman@...>
          > *Columbia 45 in NO for sale on Ebay.
          >
          > **http://tinyurl.com/58jl5u*
          > *
          >
          > HJ
          >
          > *

        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 13 , May 26, 2008
            Hey try this Yachtworld C 45

            *http://tinyurl.com/5ypbrj*

            Don't all you 45 owners wish this price would hold up.

            HJ

            lookoutnw@... wrote:
            > OMG!!!!! What a sadist to post those pics. My heart is broken to see that boat's pics.
            >
            > --
            > Jim & Chong Lussier
            > 73/74 Columbia / SailCrafter 45
            > Dawn Treader Hull #201
            > Olympia, Washington

            > From: Harry James <welshman@...>
            > *Columbia 45 in NO for sale on Ebay.
            >
            > **http://tinyurl.com/58jl5u*
            > *
            >
            > HJ
            >
            > *

          • Joel
            Message 5 of 13 , May 27, 2008
              --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, Harry James
              <welshman@...> wrote:

              I'm not sure what he's smoking but he needs to share....seriously,
              how does someone come up with a price like that? Take every single
              receipt he's ever had for the boat and add them up ? As a 45 owner I
              certainly would like to see all 45s prices rise but it's not
              realistic. When I was shopping the range of 45s was from abt 40-80k.
              There have been several much lower than 40k since I bought though.

              As for the Katrina boat...sad but if a person had the inclination and
              resources it would make a good project boat at that price.

              Joel Wilkins
              Miss Magoo
              C-45, #98

              > Hey try this Yachtworld C 45
              >
              > *http://tinyurl.com/5ypbrj*
              >
              > Don't all you 45 owners wish this price would hold up.
              >
              > HJ
              >
              > lookoutnw@... wrote:
              > > OMG!!!!! What a sadist to post those pics. My heart is broken
              to see that boat's pics.

              > > --
              > > Jim & Chong Lussier
              > > 73/74 Columbia / SailCrafter 45
              > > Dawn Treader Hull #201
              > > Olympia, Washington

              > > From: Harry James <welshman@...>
              > > *Columbia 45 in NO for sale on Ebay.
              > >
              > > **http://tinyurl.com/58jl5u*
              > > *
              > >
              > > HJ
              > >
              > > *

            • Eric White
              Message 6 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                Midnight Oasis was Dick Moale's boat. I saw it before he left for
                Florida with it. It was sweet before all the upgrades that have been
                done to it. He might not get the asking price, but he may not be all
                that far off.

                Eric

                --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Joel" <cruiser6003@...>

              • sgaber@tampabay.rr.com
                Message 7 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                  On the other hand, $2500 for a C-31 is even more outrageous, unless the boat is a wreck. The 3500 pounds of lead in the keel is worth more than that. A dead Atomic 4 is worth about $400. The mast and boom are worth what - half to a third of that ridiculous asking price?

                  I get really bummed out when I see prices on either end of the extremes.

                  Steve Gaber
                  Sanderling, 1967 C-31 #77
                  Oldsmar, FL

                  --
                • LEONARD BAIDOKAS
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                    HI len here i own a C45 .I just started to redue MARY B. ITS a lot of work . I run on temp tank I  have to open up my tanks to add insp plates I had a vetus bow truster installed that not cheap. I want to redue 8 portholes to opening ones. 6 window to redue 4 hatches i did the bottom from sandblast to reflare keel the  8 valve in the bottom refiberglassed in new straingers and  hoses interlux protect bottom build up plus hull paint. its alot man hours and money The one on LAKE CHAMPLAIN has alot of upgrades . I like the price. THANK YOU CAPT LEN  essington pa.

                    wrote:

                    > --- In columbiasailingyach ts@yahoogroups. com, Harry James
                    > <welshman@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > I'm not sure what he's smoking but he needs to share....seriously,
                    > how does someone come up with a price like that? Take every single
                    > receipt he's ever had for the boat and add them up ? As a 45 owner I
                    > certainly would like to see all 45s prices rise but it's not
                    > realistic. When I was shopping the range of 45s was from abt 40-80k.
                    > There have been several much lower than 40k since I bought though.
                    >
                    > As for the Katrina boat...sad but if a person had the inclination and
                    > resources it would make a good project boat at that price.
                    >
                    > Joel Wilkins
                    > Miss Magoo
                    > C-45, #98
                    >
                    > > Hey try this Yachtworld C 45
                    > >
                    > > *http://tinyurl. com/5ypbrj*
                    > >
                    > > Don't all you 45 owners wish this price would hold up.
                    > >
                    > > HJ
                    > >
                    > > lookoutnw@ wrote:
                    > > > OMG!!!!! What a sadist to post those pics. My heart is broken
                    > to see that boat's pics.
                    > > >
                    > > > --
                    > > > Jim & Chong Lussier
                    > > > 73/74 Columbia / SailCrafter 45
                    > > > Dawn Treader Hull #201
                    > > > Olympia, Washington

                  • Harry James
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                      I think the market limit is probably in the 60-80 K range no matter how
                      nice it is unless a dream buyer with C 45 lust and deep pockets shows
                      up. I would market it in Europe.

                      HJ

                    • lookoutnw@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                        I agree with HJ. I got a bunch more than $60 boat bucks into DT. On the market I think I would be lucky to get $55 boat bucks.

                        From: Harry James <welshman@...>

                      • sgaber@tampabay.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 27, 2008
                          Similarly, I probably spent 50 boat bucks or more on my little C-31 over the years. I knew I was never gonna get most of it back, but I'lll be damned if I'll sell it for $2500.

                          I'd donate it to the Boly Scouts first.

                          Steve Gaber
                          Sanderling, 1967 C-31 #77
                          Oldsmar, FL

                        • Pat Shuman
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 28, 2008
                            I get where people are coming from on this topic, but
                            I think it all depends on how long you own the boat.
                            Just because I spend money on something, then use it
                            for a while, I can't expect to get anywhere close to
                            the price of what I paid in. I write off the
                            depreciation in my mind as the cost of the fun it
                            brought me. Regardless of what value we attach to a
                            possesion, when you try to sell it, the buyer tells
                            you what it's worth. I agree with the people who would
                            donate it to charity, rather than sell cheap. My guess
                            is that those ebay boats that are going for cheap are
                            being sold by people who don't love them. That was
                            true of my C22, which I bought on ebay for a song. But
                            on the other hand, when I get to be a geezer, I'd sure
                            like to see the boat being sailed, as opposed to
                            parted out, as we're currently witnessing with a
                            Coulmbia 26 that was donated to charity.

                            Pat Shuman
                            C22 #937
                          • John Quick
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 3, 2008
                              Anyone know what happened with this Columbia. Apparently, it was withdrawn

                              Capt. John K. Quick
                              USCG License 1165368
                              s/v "Semper Fi" #177 C45
                              St Petersburg, FL