Re: CYOA - Outfitting a Galley

  • jean somerhausen`
    Message 1 of 60 , Dec 1, 2007
      Gosh, Paul, that's a tall order ! Evey cook has his own "must haves". My
      first one would be a serrated bread knife in a sheath on the starboard
      side of the companionway entrance so that you can reach it both from the
      galley for its normal purpose and from the cockpit to cut a lie in a
      hurry (you'd be surprised how well it performs on a taut line). The
      second is a small pressure cooker (saves you a lot of kerosene. which is
      the ideal fuel for a boat stove)
      jean (ex-pampero iv - 8.7)

      Paul wrote:

      > Hey Guys,
      >
      > I am new to Cruiser sailboats. I need to outfit a galley on my
      > Columbia 8.7. I know I will be chief cook and bottle washer. What
      > are some must haves for pots and pans and what are some great
      > accessories?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Paul

    • Renee S.
      Message 60 of 60 , Dec 5, 2007
        My marina will not haul out a boat without one of the owners present. They
        re also neurotic about liability insurance which I think is a good thing.

        Cheers,
        Renee