Wish Book(a)

  • jjdobrikin
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2007
      The Wish book is/was the Sears Roebuck Catalog & especially the
      Christmas/Toy Sub-Catalog
      The Sailing/Boating equivalents are the Major Chandelery?Hardware
      Catalogs West Marine & Harken being the most sail oriented.

      ve7jjd
      Potter & Pelican Brigantines
      604-433-2812 jjdwig@...

      a.k.a. WIGNAW Navigation & Tours
      As a Prudent Mariner I fly the CHURCH pendant & the QUERY pennant.
      Where In God's Name Are We?
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2007
        I would add the Schaefer Marine catalogue to the list.

        Los Lunas, NM >

        > The Wish book is/was the Sears Roebuck Catalog &especially the
        > Christmas/Toy Sub-Catalog
        > The Sailing/Boating equivalents are the Major Chandelery?Hardware
        > Catalogs West Marine &Harken being the most sail oriented.
        >
        > ve7jjd
        > Potter &Pelican Brigantines
        > 604-433-2812 jjdwig@...

      • jean somerhausen`
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2007
          And being close to my pennies, I would add the Garhauer marine one
          (value for money)
          jean

        • sgaber@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2007
            I second that motion. Not only for the value in price, but also for the quality opf the gear.

            Steve Gaber
            Sanderling, 1967 C-31 #77
            Oldsmar, FL

            ---- jean somerhausen` <diplodocus@...> wrote:
            > And being close to my pennies, I would add the Garhauer marine one
            > (value for money)
            > jean
            >

            > Kbjmjrb@... wrote:
            >
            > > I would add the Schaefer Marine catalogue to the list.
            > >
            > > Bruce K
            > > Challenger # 74, "Ouroboros"
            > > Los Lunas, NM >
            > > >

            > > > The Wish book is/was the Sears Roebuck Catalog &especially the
            > > > Christmas/Toy Sub-Catalog
            > > > The Sailing/Boating equivalents are the Major Chandelery?Hardware
            > > > Catalogs West Marine &Harken being the most sail oriented.
            > > >
            > > > ve7jjd
            > > > Potter &Pelican Brigantines
            > > > 604-433-2812 jjdwig@... <mailto:jjdwig%40telus.net>

          • Jordan Dobrikin

              I second that motion. Not only for the value in price, but also for the quality opf the gear.

              Steve Gaber
              Sanderling, 1967 C-31 #77
              Oldsmar, FL

              ---- jean somerhausen` <diplodocus@...> wrote:
              > And being close to my pennies, I would add the Garhauer marine one
              > (value for money)
              > jean
              >

              > Kbjmjrb@... wrote:
              >
              > > I would add the Schaefer Marine catalogue to the list.
              > >
              > > Bruce K
              > > Challenger # 74, "Ouroboros"
              > > Los Lunas, NM >
              > > >

              > > > The Wish book is/was the Sears Roebuck Catalog &especially the
              > > > Christmas/Toy Sub-Catalog
              > > > The Sailing/Boating equivalents are the Major Chandelery?Hardware
              > > > Catalogs West Marine &Harken being the most sail oriented.
              > > >
              > > > ve7jjd
              > > > Potter &Pelican Brigantines
              > > > 604-433-2812 jjdwig@... <mailto:jjdwig%40telus.net>

            • Harry James
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
                And the quantity of the saliva they generate. The Sears Wish Book was a
                BIG deal when my boys were young in western AK. Totally dog eared by the
                time Christmas arrived

                HJ