CYOA - Some neat features

  • Tim Foley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2000
      Guys

      There are a few neat features that this service has that I think beat
      the pants off of sailnet. Everything runs from a single console.
      Services that we have had to actually goe elsewhere to access (i.e. the
      ftp site, and chat area) are just a single click away on each page.

      You can view messages either chronologically or by thread. You can
      search all archived messages (and I believe it actually works). You can
      upload pics without using a separate ftp program.

      Okay, on to stuff we don't get with Sailnet. We have an area where we
      can post event calenders. We can send Polls (Spam our own list - Yuck).
      We have an area where we can develop our own FAQ (No more protracted
      re-hashes of cockpit drains and soft decks), as well as other knowledge
      based areas. We can view who else is on the list.

      I like this place. I think that if the service proves to be reliable,
      this site has a higher degree of usability than the Sailnet. Please
      take the time to go out and check it out. Esthetics notwithstanding I
      think we got us a winner here!

      Tim Foley - Lorelei
      C28 Clinton, CT